[Geysers] Webcam reporting protocol

Elric dewisant at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:15:35 PDT 2006

If I can make a suggestion, ask whoever administrates the cam's server
about NTP (Network Time Protocol). Its a small daemon (background
process) that is used to keep the computer time more accurate.  Proper
configuration would allow the cam to synch with the USNO's atomic
clock and make the timestamps accurate.

Yeah.  I have been thinking how sweet it would be, seeing as how I
have a boatload of time for the next month, to be able to gaze.  Its
been years since I've been to YNP and probably a few more before I'll
have a chance to get back.  I lurk here to keep up on what's going on
in the basins, but when I saw the cam, I thought about the possibility
of actually being able to participate in observations.

Douglas Hampton
(OFI - 1992.  OFL - 1993)