[Geysers] Introduction and location question

Steve Robinson geysirs at comcast.net
Sun Aug 20 12:44:50 PDT 2006

At 03:43 PM 8/19/2006, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've been quietly lurking here for awhile and the new webcam has
>prompted me to introduce myself and ask a question.
>
>I have family in Cody and the Park has always been an integral part
>of my life.  But it's only been in the past few years that I've
>taken more interest in the geysers specifically.  Just recently
>joined GOSA and ordered some things and now I see I'm sunk - hooked
>- and now glued to the webcam.  Love the new location - opening it
>up this morning was like being greeted by old friends.  I've been
>working to figure out the location of items on the new camera, but
>am not sure if I've got them correct.  Any help would be appreciated. :)
>
>Janet White
>A - Little Cub?
>B - Lion
>C - ???
>D - Aurum?
>E -  Doublet Pool?
>F - ???
>G - ???
>H - Giantess
>I - ??? (not sure if that's steam coming out of the trees or just
>broken up steam from something below)
>J - ???
>K - Depression?
>L - Beehive
>M - Beehive's Indicator
>N - Old Faithful
>O - Bronze Spring?
>P - ??? (this one was pasted/blended in from another screen shot taken)

I believe that it should be:
A - Little Cub
B - Lion
C - Goggle Spring
D - North Goggle
E - Ear Spring
F - Plate
G - Sponge
H - Giantess
I - Broken steam from something below
J - UNNG-GHG-3
K - Depression
L - Beehive
M - Beehive's Indicator
N - Old Faithful
O - Bronze or Silver Spring
P - Something from the Grand - Sawmill Group

Steve Robinson