[Geysers] Any word on Splendid?

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Aug 7 06:14:10 PDT 2006

Although I am not expecting to see anything, when I am in the basin it is a
rare day that I don't go up the Daisy Hill to look at Splendid, just to see.
So  far this year I have yet to see anything more than bubbling in Splendid's
main  vent. When the side boiler is surging, sometimes as high as 3 feet or so,
there  is fairly heavy runoff from the geyser. This is always brief and
significantly  less than what is often seen when Splendid is active.

And no, there certainly has not been an observed "false start" this  year.