[Geysers] Geysers on August 5

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Aug 6 18:00:07 PDT 2006

I was only in the park for a short time today, feeling unwell and with lots
to do around the house. But it may be worth noting that yesterday, along with
Giant, there were some other geysers worth noting. Thanks to many who
provided  the info via radio or in person, as I was at Giant for 6+ hours before the
hot  period.

Plume was mostly on the long side, with intervals of 79, 70, 77, 73, 56,  and
63 minutes.

Beehive erupted at 1357 -- I don't know the interval, but the Indicator was
12 minutes.

With Lynn getting the first eruption, Tilt's Baby gave a  closed interval of
1h 46m.

Grand was 0346E, then 1322 (2 bursts), so interval of 9h 36m.

Oblong was at 0738, 1141ns (I = 3h 03m), and 1612 (I = 4h 31m, this being
during Giant). Might these shorter intervals have been a "Giant effect"?

Intervals on Daisy were 3h 01m and 3h 07m.

Riverside first overflow to eruption was 2h 05m.

As of today, August 6 at 0730, Black Diamond had not erupted for 4 days.  The
outline of the actual Black Diamond crater is clearly visible through the
clearing water.

Some of us feel that the activity of Logbridge Geyser is cyclic, a long
interval ( certainly longer than 44 minutes or today's >45 minutes and  including
an observed 69 minutes) leading to a series (maybe a rather long  series) of
much shorter intervals that average probably around 32 minutes.