[Geysers] Geysers on youtube.com

Whitledge, Vicki M. WHITLEVM at uwec.edu
Tue Aug 1 14:48:00 PDT 2006

I just searched for geyser videos on youtube.com.  Typing in only the word "geyser" into their search engine produced quite a few hits (and included many videos of mentos/coke "geysers").

There were, of course, many videos of Old Faithful and other Yellowstone geysers.  There were also videos of New Zealand, El Tatio, and Iceland.  My two favorite videos were one of Strokkur Geyser (searching on "Strokkur" will take you right to it) and another of El Tatio (search on "El Tatio").  Both of these videos were over 2 minutes long.  The video of Strokkur contained some excellent blue bubbles.  It also had more of the right "feel" for watching geysers since the eruption did not occur until more than a minute into the video.  Before that you get to watch water going up and down in a hole, how familiar!  The video of El Tatio didn't have eruptions but it showed the general area and some features.  I found it very interesting.

There was also a video of a "geyser" at Suwa Lake, Japan. A caption said it erupts every hour. The video showed a steaming hole but I didn't see an eruption.  Is there really a geyser there?

Vicki Whitledge