[Geysers] Yellowstone viewmaster reels

Beckykr at aol.com Beckykr at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 13:11:35 PDT 2006

I recently purchased a three-reel Viewmaster set of Yellowstone on  eBay.
It's copyrighted 1948, but I know it's not that old for a number of  reasons,
the main one being that the Viewmaster company didn't start producing  the three
reel sets until 1957.  The three reels are: Canyon Area, Old  Faithful Area,
and Mammoth area.  Has anyone out there seen this  set?  I'm curious about
what the actual age of the photos might be.   There are a couple of memorable
things about the photos:  a woman with a  bizarre blue bow in her hair appears in
both the Old Faithful and the Morning  Glory pictures, and another picture is
of three bears approaching a black  gangster-type car.  I've seen lots of
pictures of the area from the  seventies, and these are definitely older than
those.

And if anyone is an expert on these, I'd like to know if there are other
sets with different pictures.  I love these and really would like some  more.

Thanks for any info, on or off-list if I'm too far off topic,

Becky Kraegel
Woodstock, GA