[Geysers] Geyser Report 10-25-05

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 06:22:24 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/26/2005 17:30:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jacross at lamar.ColoState.EDU writes:
If the water level has come up 8 feet recently but is still below
overflow, how far did it fall total?  I knew it was ebbed, but didn't know
it had fallen so far.

This query was about Opal Pool at Midway, which had dropped so far that water
was not visible (or so I heard) from any vantage point, including off the
boardwalk. Runoff from Grand Prismatic fell to considerable depth as a
waterfall... Does anybody know, in feet (or meters !) how far the drop was? I doubt it
for again, I don't think the water level was visible at all.