[Geysers] More Google Earth

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Nov 23 16:05:29 PST 2005

Just to note some things:

Enable the Parks layer and zoom in close enough and you see the outlines of
national parks, at least some (but not all) national forests, and etc.
outlined  in fluorescent green. Do it for Yellostone and you'll see the park
boundary,  yes, but also you'll see nearly every lake in the park outlined in the same
 green.

More importantly, these park boundaries are not up to date. No change at
Yellowstone, but Death Valley and Joshua Tree show the old, pre-1995 boundaries;
Mojave Preserve is not shown at all.

I find the mix of high-res versus low-res puzzling. for example, here I get
good res at my residence, but the College of the Desert, 1/4 mile away, is a
fuzzy green blob no matter what the zoom.

I understand that info about the photography (date, etc.) is available, but
I don't know where/how to get it. Ideas, anybody?