[Geysers] Fountain times from April and early May

Ralph Taylor ralpht at iglou.com
Sun May 29 09:11:17 PDT 2005

Scott posted this item a while ago:

The monitor on Fountain has been downloaded and the file sent to Ralph, who
I hope will be able to either confirm or deny those long (up to 10 hours)
intervals we think there were last week. Per the logbook, the following for
just the last two days:
April 30
0129e
0727ns ~5h 58m
1150e  = 4h 13m
1840e  = 6h 50m
May 1
0034e  = 5h 54m
0801e  = 7h 27m
1127e  = 3h 26m
1500e  = 3h 33m

I received the data a while ago and sent the analysis to the VC, but thought
I'd answer the question here.  For the month from 1 April to 1 May the
longest interval was 8h47m, the shortest was 2h50m, the mean was 5h42m and
the median was 6h02m, in other words, pretty much the usual activity we have
been seeing for the past two years.  As an experiment I am including the
graph here:

Ralph Taylor