[Geysers] Geyser report May 29

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 29 16:27:09 PDT 2005

Huge throngs of people here.

I saw Fountain at 0716 on the drive in, and then it played at 1303, I = 5h
47m.

A bunch of us enjoyed (sometimes in wet fashion) Great Fountain's  superburst
at 1247. It had a superburst yesterday, too, and I'd seen the one I  reported
from Fountain a week ago today. So it is doing fine stuff. The neat  thing
about today's event was that several gazers were at Fountain at the time  of the
superburst, and were radioed to watch for it. Their report is that the  size
was about what I saw a week ago. On site, we guesstimated 180 feet.

This morning, Giantess was still jetting but it appeared to be finished by
early afternoon.

In the morning, Plume had intervals of 54 and 51 minutes, and both Bronze
Spring and "Dwarf" were active. But not Little Squirt.

Everybody pretty much missed the 1001 ns Beehive, since it was another
no-Indicator eruption.

Likewise, most of us missed Grand when it had it's 6h 22m interval (2
bursts).

Oblong interval of 4h 34m. Daisy interval of 2h 26m. Grotto in marathon,
starting somewhere between 0530 and 0550, and the two observed Giant Hot Periods
were much to write about. So I won't.

Castle had a minor at 0435, then a major at 0927, minor interval = 4h  52m.

Along Firehole Lake Drive, known to be active are unnamed pool between  Great
Fountain parking and A-Zero (to my knowledge, never seen before), A-Zero,
Botryoidal, White Dome, Tangled Creek geyser, Pink Cone, Pink, Narcissus, Bead,
Gray Bulger/Young Hopeful, and Artesia. Gemini was bubbling on each of my
three  drive-bys; I haven't heard anything about Labial.

A wolf seen at Nez Perce yesterday, a grizzly on Fountain Flat this
afternoon.