[Geysers] Steamboat 5-23-05

geysirs at comcast.net geysirs at comcast.net
Mon May 23 18:03:12 PDT 2005

While waiting for Oblong to erupt, there was a radio call of an unsubstantiated report that Steamboat started 45 minutes ago. I arrived at Norris at 1625. I did not speak with anybody who had seen it. Most of what I know is that it started about 1440. Steamboat was still quite loud when I arrived. I enjoyed the steam phase.

Other geysers to report
0540		Aurum
0540IE	       Little Squirt
0546IE	       Grotto  is in Marathon, I saw it IE @ 0638 yesterday morning, this is the same eruption to the best of my knowlege.
Fan & Mortar were overnight, marker washed
0637IE	       Daisy
0705		Castle
0850		Plume
0900		Oblong
0913NS	      Daisy
0931		Sawmill It was a deep drain, I was waiting for Uncertain and did not see it.
0938		Lion initial
0950		Plume
1047		Plume
1103		Lion
1210		Daisy
1336		Giant Hot Period, D=10minutes 50 seconds 1- 5 feet surging in Mastiff, India was completely covered by the 3 1/2 minute mark. Near the end of the hot period Giant had sustained vertical surging that reach the top of the come for about 20 seconds. I was impressed, towards the end of that surge water was pouring out of the cone. This hot period included- Feather, Feather's satellite, Southwest vents, Turtle and Cave. There was a 2 1/2 minute restart also.

The thing that Scott calls Dwarf was active today.

These are the geysers that I witness today.
Sorry if this in not a very good report, I don't write too many of them.

Steve Robinson