[Geysers] Geyser report May 23

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 23 14:24:34 PDT 2005

In the basins about half the day but, working tomorrow, home early to do
things, some of which needed to be done anyway.

Fan and Mortar erupted last night. Based on recovery (dead at 0730, very
weak River Vent action at 0840), my guess is that the eruption was sometime
between 0000 and 0200. Interval therefore just an hour or two longer than 16
days. The washed area made it appear that Fan made it about 10 feet beyond the
boardwalk.

Grotto's marathon of yesterday evidently only ended today around 0800, so  no
Giant recovery by the time I left.

Daisy gave me one interval of 2h 46m.

Grand fooled most when it erupted at 1052, 8 minutes before the opening of
the prediction window (not a good prediction, but made before the  download),
so that there were exactly two of us there. That late in the  day, how neat.
Anyhow, T2Q, interval 7h 28m.

Beehive had been in the night, and Little Squirt was in eruption from dawn
until near 1300 still i.e.

Plume -- how about 176 minutes for a triple interval.

Fountain had ended eruption not long before I was in sight on Fountain Flat
at 0730, then was i.e. at 1310. So on long mode.

Silex has not played since pre-dawn on the 17th. At 6 days and counting, it
is cycling a bit with occasional heavy overflows but that's all.

By chance, White Dome at 1130 i.e. and 1155 i.e. A couple of days ago I saw
the "Tangled Creek Geyser" in eruption.