[Geysers] Geyser report May 16

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 16 14:17:18 PDT 2005

A rather chilly, uniformly cloudy day, but dry until just after noon. But
then since Grand (1 burst), Beehive (9 minute Indicator, accompanied during the
eruption by the C-C Indicator to about 2 feet), Lion initial, Oblong and
Plume  all decided to erupt between 1130 and 1200, I left. And drove all the way
to  West in pouring rain.

Not much to report, therefore. Fan and Mortar had not gone as of noon -- up
to 9 1/2 days.

Grand's four intervals since yesterday morning were 6h32m, 7h08m, 6h51m,  and
8h05m.

Grotto was in marathon -- again.

Castle had a minor last evening, giving intervals of 12h49m followed by the
minor of 4h02m.

I again replaced the marker at Silex, which was very murky at 0750. I
presume these nighttime "events" are eruptions, and the activity of Celestine
generally supports that. In that case, this is an interval of probably a little
more than 24 hours. However, I do know that Silex can have very heavy but
non-eruptive overflows. However, too, I haven't seen one of those reach my  marker.
So...

At about 0750, Fountain had evidently ended its eruption a short time
before. But it was so low that water could not be seen from the overlook, and it
was barely visible in Morning. Question: Has anybody ever seen Twig Geyser
undergoing a _true_, forceful steam phase? I haven't, but there it was.