[Geysers] Beehive Geyser May 13

John6151 at aol.com John6151 at aol.com
Sun May 15 20:47:45 PDT 2005

Greetings:

I made one of those geyser motivated impulse trips...left home on May 12th
and returned on the 15th...had a great time.  The sun was out for most of Friday
and Saturday.  I saw 3 Turbans and 4 Grands...I like that kind of
ratio....two Grands even had 2 bursts.  However, I need to comment on the Beehive that
erupted  May 13 at 19:59, just before sunset.  I was on the hill with Ralph and
Donna Friz, Mike and Barry.  The "winter" bubbler to the right hand side of
Beehive bubbled for 3 hours prior to the eruption but the wait was well worth
it.  The evening was calm, the sun very low and Beehive's column reached at
least 190 feet, some felt it was well over 200...we all agreed that it was by far
the highest any of us had ever seen.  A rainbow formed that reached from the
top of the column to the ground...it was incredible.  It made the whole trip
worthwhile.
  John Warnock