[Geysers] Geyser Report 3-28-05 East Sentinel Erupts

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sun Mar 27 18:59:45 PST 2005

Castle was 0743ie H20

Sawmill was active all day.

Grand at 1132ie (?/?1Q) and again at 1845 (N/T1Q) with a duration of 12m36s.

West Triplet started at 1822, with Rift starting at 1910.

Oblong's crater was empty at 1530.

Grotto was in marathon all day.  I first saw it at 0746ie.  It had been on
long enough that Spa was already finished and drained.  Spa refilled and
erupted at 1632.  Grotto ended at 1755.  With Grotto in marathon all day
there was no activity from Giant.

Fan and Mortar erupted between 0745 and 1530, probably around 1200.

East Sentinel was 1525ie!  When I arrived it was erupting at an angle into
the Firehole River to a height of 5 to 20 feet.  The large vent in the river
to the southeast was also erupting with East Sentinel, but none of the vents
in Scott Bryan's recent photo were seen in eruption.  The water was brown
and shortly after I arrived it was evident a bison had fallen into it
sometime in the past day.  The cooking of the bison probably resulted in the
eruption.  There were bison bits scatter around the area.  The eruption
lasted over 12 minutes.

MK