[Geysers] Suggestions for upcoming trip to Yellowstone

billmb at att.net billmb at att.net
Thu Jun 9 17:33:37 PDT 2005

>From Bill Boyce, maybe just experienced enough, my g-grandmother
   on one side was a Todd and my g-g-grandmother on the other
   side was a Miller ---

   (1) Fairy Falls and continuing on to Imperial Geyser, and another
         geyser-or-maybe perpetual spouter (I forget its name) you
         see before Imperial -- very nice, both the falls and the geysers.
         (if it's very wet, wear boots or bring dry socks).

   (2) Lone Star Geyser, an easy walk from Kemper Cascades,
         near OF, bring a lunch, sit and wait and Lone Star will give
         you a pretty good show.

    (3) Go on past Oja Caliente hot spring on Fountain Flats, up
         the Firehole River on the side toward the main hwy, there
         are some good mud pots, and along the river are some
         decent geysers.  Spouse Susie likes this, unless it's so
         dry the pots are dried up, or there are buffalo around.

    (4) Trail starts off the east rim of the canyon of the YS,
          goes back to some rather wild thermal area, Susie
          liked it, I wouldn't go back myself.

From: "Todd Miller" <colopho at comcast.net>