[Geysers] Suggestions for upcoming trip to Yellowstone

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jun 9 17:53:44 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/9/2005 6:08:26 PM Mountain Standard Time,
colopho at comcast.net writes:

We have  been to the major geyser areas (Upper, Lower, Midway, Norris) over
the past  several years and are planning to do so again on this trip but would
also like  to get to one or more of the lesser known geyser areas to see some
other  geysers.  Our 2 kids are experienced hikers here in Colorado so we
could  go at least a little away from the roads (probably up to 6-8 miles RT) and
they are willing to wait a few hours to see geysers erupt.   What do the
experienced gazers suggest?

Radios are FRS Channel 4, Code 5. Please use ONLY for geyser  info.

I will suggest Steel Bridge to Imperial Geyser -- though you won't have to
wait for anything. There really are no others of that length on established
trails, unless perhaps Ojo Caliente trailhead to Sentinel Meadow to Fairy Creek
and back. Lone Star is a round trip of about 3 miles, but lots of additional
poking around is possible in that area. I won't even try to give directions
to  Geyser Creek.