Another plea for old steamboat photos. Re: [Geysers] Steamboat photos you would like to see

James Graber jgra at loc.gov
Fri Jun 10 06:26:08 PDT 2005

I posted something similar to this about a year ago and didn't get any really useful responses.
I remember when I was 14 in 1955 and Steamboat had not really erupted for almost fifty years that it was almost surrounded by significant brush and only walled off from the dirt trail by a few old logs.  (actually more like big sticks really).  You could almost walk up to the brink and look in.
Can anyone give me a pointer to a picture from this era that shows the brushy Steamboat crater?  I'd really love to see one.
Jim Graber

>>> mabell126 at bresnan.net 06/09/05 6:40 PM >>>
>From the Yellowstone Loon page, with the photographer's permission, I send
you this great link.

CHECK this out!!  They were at Monarch when Steamboat began. Follow the
thread all the way down to see Cistern begin draining and the aftermath of
car washing in the parking lot.

http://www.yellowstone-natl-park.com/wwwboard/messages4/7559.htm

MA

M.A. Bellingham