[Geysers] Geyser report June 7

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 16:20:12 PDT 2005

I didn't expect to go into the park today, but there I was in late morning
-- in what was often a rather hard snowfall. Except for a very brief visit to
Old Faithful, all my time was spent in the Lower Basin.

Yesterday's Fountain wild phase, now positively known to have started at
1512, continued until sometime after 2030 but had ended by early this  morning.

On Firehole Lake Drive, Pink was at 1340 (duration about 12 minutes), Box
Spring at 1351. As viewed by steam cloud from Great Fountain, Narcissus was i.e.
 at 1445 and Labial at 1505 (it was having strong post-eruptive bursting at
1520).

Great Fountain was at 1437 (meter boil) following a short overflow of 76
minutes and then a pause of 6 minutes. The eruption was an "Adequate Fountain,"
perhaps as much as 100 feet high near the start that included a pretty good
blue  bubble.