[Geysers] Geyser report July 21-22

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jul 22 15:13:06 PDT 2005

This combines logbook info from yesterday with observations from today (up
to about 1330).

Beehive went from 1050 (Indicator=14 min) yesterday to 0630 today, interval
of 19h 40m.

Grand in order was 0652 (T1C), 1519 (T2C, 8h 27m), 2145ns (~6h 26m), 0521ie
(~7h 36m), and 1212 (T2Q, 6h 51m).

Daisy today was 0848 and 1101, interval only 2h 13m.

Early this morning Giant had a post-marathon hot period at 0434, duration
14m 15s. That was followed by hot periods at 0829 (d = 4m 20s) and 1037 (d >  7
min).

Fan and Mortar were approaching 3 1/2 days when I left. This morning there
was a River Vent pause at 0933. River tried but only sort of came back on
briefly at 0945 and fussed around a bit before going back off. During this Main
Vent had some HUGE splashes but Bottom Vent did little. And when High, Gold,
and  Angle came on (1022), the system lost water very quickly.

Before that, I discovered that "Sentinel's Vents" are active. I hadn't  heard
anybody mention them before, and I had not seen them since July 2004. One
eruption had splashes up to about 4 feet high.

In the Lower Basin, I saw Fountain at 0703, near start by steam cloud
sighted from White Dome and then confirmed on-site. Then somebody (I don't know  who
it was) reported it at 0950, a remarkably short interval of 2h 47m but  that
person reported a duration of 25 minutes. Unless it had had a _really_  short
interval, Fountain had not erupted again as of about 1330 when it didn't  look
like anything was pending.

Great Fountain, yesterday to today, was 0906, 1952 (10h 46m), and 0920 (13h
28m).

I saw Labial today at 1306.

'Tis all for this time.