[Geysers] FCC GMRS Radio License Fees

Pat Snyder riozafiro at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 17:33:46 PST 2005

Hi Everyone.
For those planning to license a GMRS radio (not Family Radio Service,
no license needed for those) this winter/spring, the FCC license fee
has gone up from $75 (when I got mine three years ago) to $80 for six
years.

Also, I found the FCC licensing web site easier to navigate now than in
2002, It helped that I had my "Core Number" and I also remembered my
password. Once logged into the site, I clicked around and completed
what I needed to do (purchase another license) in less than 10 minutes.
They already charged my credit card, too. Pretty speedy, the FCC.

You can also log in to change your address and profile, etc, as well.
Just an FYI.

Pat Snyder