[Geysers] Snowcoach- pocket basin

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Fri Feb 18 13:20:39 PST 2005

All,

In the winter season the old Fountain Flats Freight Road is used for
snowcoaches only going one way from Madison to Old Faithful.  It has been
used this way in winter for at least 17 years, probably more.  Most winters
the wind is so steady in Fountain Flats that most of the snow blows off the
road.  By having coaches use the freight road, it keeps what little snow
there is on the road longer.

MK