[Geysers] Snowcoach- pocket basin

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 19:37:19 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/17/2005 17:53:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ynp4me at yahoo.com writes:
In many ways, I was shocked as we were heading
that direction but did I want to be on the main
section of the road with the snowmobiles?  No!
It was only open for snowcoaches (I saw a sign)!!

Having not been to YNP in the winter since (ah, hem) 1974, I could be wrong
-- but isn't it true that the old Fountain Flats Drive has been the snowcoach
route for several years?

While considering such things, and that supposed downturn in snow mobile use,
I just found that Montana now has a by-fee permit system for out of state
snowmobiles. I think probably the great majority of such use is by rental in
town, but could the new (this year, I guess) fee be part of the reduced use? Just
a thought.