[Geysers] Early engravings of Grotto

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 09:08:27 PST 2005

This is mostly directed to the Judy Meyer who responded about my "based on
Gibson, 1887" illustration. I presume she is the same as Judith L. Meyer, author
of _Spirit of Yellowstone_? (Your e-mail address did not appear in the mail.)
If so,

1. Do I correctly presume that when in your e-mail you said that the image
had appeared "in various forms... in the late 1880s and 1980s" you really meant
to say "1880s and 1890s"?

2. An online catalog search shows me that a copy of your 1996 edition is in
the West Yellowstone Public Library, so that's undoubtedly where I found the
image.

3. Were you aware of the "The Cave" by Riou, 1874? Might Judy or anybody know
if this is the "original" and if it was (or not) based on a known photo
(Jackson?, or ?).

Thanks!