[Geysers] Polluters

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Wed Feb 16 06:41:29 PST 2005

I wonder what all of you think regarding other noisy, polluting vehicles
that enter the Park during any season.  Motorcycles, cars, buses,
trucks, motorhomes, snowmobiles, boats, etc. can all be sources for
complaints.
For example, when was the last time you couldn't hear an eruption of
(insert your favorite geyser here) because of a group of loud
motorcycles?  I usually avoid visiting in August because of them.  And
if no one complains, nothing will get done about it.

IMHO, the time is long overdue for NPS to establish non-discriminatory
regulations and enforce them.  Decibel meters and smog/particulate
detection equipment should be used at entrance stations to prohibit
entry to ALL polluting machinery, year 'round.  And not just in
Yellowstone either.

Isn't the goal of _our_ National Parks to keep their environments as
pristine as possible to preserve them?

Thanks,
Udo Freund

  _____