[Geysers] OF Visitor Education Center

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:09:54 PST 2005

>More importantly, we can desperately hope that "we" might actually be able
>provide some input -- and have it listened to -- when it comes to the
>interpretive installations.

The contract has already been awarded and work has been underway for many
months now on the new interpretive exhibits for the OFVC.  I don't know if
another comment period will be available once the exhibits are prepared.

I'm glad to see that many members of this list have taken a look at the OFVC
document.  I know it doesn't feel like your comments are going to make a
difference, but please send them anyway.  This winter as you long for the
park, put pen on paper (or fingers on keyboard) and take advantage of this
comment period.  The Public Affairs office really does work to follow up on
comments.  You may receive a response you don't like, but if you don't
write, you won't hear anything at all.

I worked in the park for 3 1/2 years and heard many of you voice your
concerns about the park budget, about ever-inflating lodging prices, about
construction projects, and about resource management problems.  The NPS has
given the gazers a once-a-year meeting to voice our concerns, but it doesn't
have to end there.  You can write about the things that matter to you and
those letters are read and responded to.

The public comment periods are the most important time to write, but you can
write on any issue that matters to you.  I've listed the Superintendent's
address below.

Superintendent's Office
Yellowstone National Park
P.O. Box 168