[Geysers] OF Visitor Education Center

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 08:32:51 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/3/2005 17:01:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
eydgrigg at att.net writes:
I think the focus on the single word has to do with attitude. Mainly the NPS
one towards anyone outside the service. It speaks of a contempt  for the
general public.

I don't think "contempt" is quite the right word, but certainly some (not too
many, I hope) NPS employees do seem to adopt the "this is my park" attitude.
Anyhow, yes, to use that phraseology was poor judgement. But it happened. The
document is out. A new VC can't be bad, and I hope "we" all support it. (Also,
how many times have "we" referred to the "Old Faithful Runoff" approaching
Geyser Hill? I'll be tyou've said it, or at least thought it...)

More importantly, we can desperately hope that "we" might actually be able to
provide some input -- and have it listened to -- when it comes to the
interpretive installations.