[Geysers] Snow and spring opening

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 15:20:49 PST 2005

I don't check the archives to see what's been posted too often, so sorry for
the delay.

Snow-wise, we're at about 74% of the historic average the last time I
checked.  Some parts of Montana are at about 52% I've read.  You can check
Snotel data at:

www.wrcc.dri.edu/snotel.htm

Also, our opening/closing dates memo says that the lower store will open
June 3 and close September 11.  Upper store dates are listed as May 6
through October 16.  The Inn dates are accurate in the memo, so let's hope
they all are.

Fan & Mortar erupted again this morning, 2/4, at 1025; Michael Lang got
soaked this time.  And Beehive erupted conveniently to help conclude my
geyser talk, at 1248.  Castle's having lots of minors...  Plume lengthened
to 65-70 minute intervals or so after Giantess' eruption.

Carolyn Loren (right spellling Mike)
OFVC