[Geysers] Geyser report Saturday August 27

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Aug 27 18:23:41 PDT 2005

Not really a whole lot to say here. Saw lots of geysers today, but little  of
note. I will say that Fan and Mortar, now (as of early afternoon) well over
19 days without erupting, just can't seem to maintain water levels. This
morning  there was an event cycle in which River Vent was off for something longer
than  1h 22m (off when first seen) during which there was frequent and
sometimes large  Main Vent splashing and an essentially continuous Bottom Vent
eruption. But  within about 3 minutes of Gold, High and Angle coming on, water
levels obviously  dropped.

Riverside had an overflow of at least 2h 07m before it finally  erupted.

Daisy had an interval of 3h 06m, with wind about as zero as possible.

Over the last 2 1/2 days, Grand had intervals of 9h 49m, 8h 34m, 6h 43m, 7h
13m, 6h 43m, 8h 52m, and 7h 40m. Not exactly consistent, eh?

The last three observed Beehive eruptions imply intervals of 24h 30m  and 22h
47m. Today's Indicator might have been real short, as it was only seen 3
minutes before Beehive.

Yesterday Old Faithful enjoyed an interval of 114 minutes.

Mugwump had the largest eruptions I've ever seen. The intervals were 12 1/2
to 13 minutes, durations only seconds but the height of two of the eruptions
was  easily 20 feet... Also active are Three Crater Geyser (durations up to a
minute  or so but the height not greater than 3 or 4 feet) and the vent (my
MYR-1) at  the front edge of North Sister (two intervals of about 10 minutes,
height maybe  5 feet).

Underhill had durations of about 6 minutes, 7m 55s, and 10m 56s, start to
start intervals being about 6 minutes, 5m 03s, and 12m 22s.

Great Fountain at 1551 (OV = 82m, P = 0) had a lot of really fine bursts.
Prettiest eruption of it I've seen in a long time.

'Tis all today.