[Geysers] Geyser report Sunday August 28

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Aug 28 15:48:55 PDT 2005

The bigger news -- yesterday: I failed to report that the OFVC logbook  noted
a possible Silex eruption(s) on Thursday, 8/25. I was not in until
yesterday, but then I found my markers washed away, so eruptions did take place.
Replaced then, the new markers were washed away last night, Saturday, 8/27,  when
Kitt Barger saw Silex erupt (well, in the dark) at 2220 and again at 2307
(with several minors between). Marker replaced again.

Today, nothing really special. Rocco says that Great Fountain had a
superburst (based mostly, I think, on the huge wave) at 0430.

No F&M, but I got to see Angle Vent ( ! , again). No Giant; today's hot
periods there were one or two weak ones as "post marathon," then a 10 minute job
at 1203 that never saw Mastiff higher than about 3 feet.

Another day of essentially no wind, Daisy nonetheless had an interval of 3h
16m.

And I saw a Narcissus major after waiting maybe 3 minutes.

Comment #1 -- The morning temperatures have been well below freezing for 4
or 5 days in a row = no bugs to speak of.

Comment #2 -- can we all pray for New Orleans?