[Geysers] About my GPS idea

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Thu Aug 18 21:03:38 PDT 2005

Scott Bryan says:

> Which I and others noted at the sime of the surveysModern GPS is now
> said to be accurate within 3 meters, and that's plenty good.

	The surveys that Art Lange and I (and random others, often
including Rocco) were doing in the 1994-6 time frame (or so)
were accurate in many cases to sub-meter resolution.  We stood around with
antennae stuck down the throats of various things for a l-o-o-n-g
time.

	Unfortunately no one was able to locate this data among
Rick's effects after he died.  It's now presumed lost.

	(Actually I _may_ have it, or some of it.  I kept
much of it on a long-deceased laptop which, mirabile dictu, I
actually backed up.  I still have the diskettes, dozens of them.
Unfortunately they're in Norton Backup format and I no longer
have a copy of Norton Backup.)

Mike O'Brien