[Geysers] RE: Short Early Grotto Postmarathon

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 19:29:21 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/18/2005 5:45:16 PM Mountain Standard Time,
upperbasin at comcast.net writes:

A full blown Grotto  Marathon, then a real Grotto start (big whoosh, etc.)
then a real Rocket.  Then a real stop.
Also, the one I saw  (and I assume Scott also) this year took place at the
expected time for the  true post-Marathon eruption – many hours after the end of
the  marathon.

Not quite. Number one, I was not there for the prior activity, but I was
told that the Grotto start was earlier than expected -- hours but perhaps not
"many hours" after the end of the marathon. And number two, after the Rocket
there was not a real stop -- the eruption continued for a total duration of a
"normal" 2 1/2 hours or so (without another Rocket).

All of which I guess means -- something a bit different..