[Geysers] Geyser report April 25-26

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Apr 26 16:27:23 PDT 2005

This will catch up late yesterday and then today up to about 1430 (when I had
had more than enough of the wind).

That Grand interval yesterday turned out to be 10h 14m, when there was
finally an eruption at 1657. Following that, the electronic times were 4/25 at 2320e
(I = 6h 23m) and then today, 4/26 at 0708e (I = 7h 48m). Look at the whole
list and you see that Grand is being rather erratic. This afternoon I left when
Grand failed to erupt on the first Turban after Rift -- a Rift that had a
total duration of 9 minutes (and maybe actually only 8m XXs). Witnesses were K C
Thomson and Steve Robinson.

Beehive yesterday was at 1740 ie (some said 1747 ie), 2I = 29h 14m (we're
sure there had been an early morning eruption, then today it was at 1114 (I = 17h
27m) after an Indicator of 12 minutes. So Beehive does appear to have gotten
over its midwinter fits.

Grotto ended a marathon in late morning, so no Giant stuff to report. Odd,
though (to me, anyhow) was that a short while _after_ Grotto had quit, Spa began
having huge eruptions, well over 30 feet high and very wide. These rose from
a very low (like -3 feet) pool and decreased in vigor as the pool filled.

Daisy was seen exactly one time, as was Oblong.

Fan and Mortar remain in garbage mode. After discussions today, it was
concluded that nobody has seen any kind of event (Bottom Vent, Main Vent Splash).

Silex was active overnight. First overflow this morning was at 0719. Fountain
is confounding us, but does appear to be having long intervals.

Weather forecast -- the nice is over with. Storm coming down from Alberta
(not the ocean) is to drop the temps by a bunch. Forecast calls for snow, heavy
at times, later tonight and tomorrow. Park said 1 to 3 inches of snow, Weather
Channel a while ago said "up to 6 inches around Yellowstone and Jackson Hole."
Tomorrow may be my first in-town day of the season. The next several days all
call for temps of 40 or below with occasional snow. Weekenders -- prepare.