[Geysers] Supervolcano

Debbie Sjodin Debbie.Sjodin at spl.org
Tue Apr 12 07:39:25 PDT 2005

I was expecting some sort of post event comments on this program. My
biggest disappointment was the lack of understanding of access roads to
and from the park. And to me very strange numbers of people affected by
the early stages of pyroclastic erruption and ash fall. Where are all
those people? Also they showed brief clips of cities being wiped out and
they don't look like cities in Wyoming. I know I'm not a city person but
those look like big cities, with built up downtown cores. The use of
historic footage was OK. Especially Mt. St. Helens but the palm trees
gave away it was Mt. Pinitubo.
Maybe folks will be afraid to come to the park this season. or not.