[Geysers] Geyser data summary

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Apr 10 18:05:49 PDT 2005

I hope people have paid attention the latest summary of geyser data (1-1 to
2-28-2005) posted by Ralph Taylor... but by way of that, I point out and also I
query Ralph on the following:

1. Noted before, Beehive having an interval as long as 43h 18m, and averaging
21h 18m.

2. Little Cub with an interval of 44h 23m. Remarkable. Ralph says he's sure
it's real. And note that even with that, the median interval is still as low as
57m.

Oblong -- an interval of just 37 minutes. Yay -- a series. First I recall
hearing of in several years. Oh, but 'sob', also an interval of 19h 41m.

DAISY -- tell me Ralph -- can that long interval of 16h 32m really be
correct? Might there have been ice build up, or something?

Grotto shows an interval of 46h 21m. Does the electronic data indicate that
this was the interval following a marathon?

And last, Artemisia ranges all the way from 8h 14m to 25h 50m. The mean is
16h 16m. The question is, are the intervals widely scattered in that range, or
are most clustered fairly near 16 hours?

Thanks, Ralph.