FWD: [Geysers] OF lodge cabin NOW available 5/30-6/3

jacross jacross at lamar.colostate.edu
Sun Apr 10 16:06:54 PDT 2005

Dear Mike,

I am unaware of any effort on our part to routinely overbook lodging
facilities and then trade amongst ourselves.

You do seem in quite a hurry to assume the worst about us.

Jeff Cross
jacross at lamar.colostate.edu

>===== Original Message From geyser observation reports <geysers at wwc.edu>
=====
>Dear Sirs,
>
>Having planned a visit to Yellowstone National Park this summer, I recently
subscribed to an internet listserver run by a group of informally organized
geyser enthusiasts.  I was startled to subsequently receive a number of
messages such as the one following below.  Apparently, this group routinely
overbooks your company's lodging facilities at Old Faithful, and then trades
accomodations amongst themselves.  I was appalled by the sentiment "...rooms
in the UGB seem extremely tight,we thought we should give...fellow gazers
first shot at it."

>As a tax-paying citizen, I believe accomodations in a national park should be
made available to the the public at large on an equal basis.