[Geysers] Norris = lots of Quakes in US Saturday & Sunday? (Frangos)

Greg Wimpey gwimpey at mines.edu
Tue Sep 21 09:49:14 PDT 2004

The total is now over 600 with quakes continuing at a rate of a few an
hour.  There were a 5.5 and a 5.4 on 9/18 and a 4.8 on 9/20.  Perhaps
Norris has indeed been shaken up.  An interesting speculation is whether
these quakes are related to the volcanic systems.  I don't think there
is any history of volcanism in the immediate area.  For more info, check
out

http://www.cisn.org/special/evt.04.09.18/