[Geysers] Geyser report September 16

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Sep 16 14:54:40 PDT 2004

A bit of a warning to any who might explore a bit around the Lower Basin.
This morning at 07:30 I saw two sub-adult grizzly bears cavorting in the meadow
north of White Dome. They then crossed the road, played some more before
disappearing into the woods south of White Dome.

Today was mostly cloudy and cold, and quite windy at times, but dry. The
following is as of about 13:30 this afternoon...

Still no Fan and Mortar, so up to about 6d 22h. We had an event cycle that
lasted nearly an hour with lots of splashing in Main Vent along with fully 37
continuous minutes of Bottom Vent, but when Fan's minor vents turned on, they
lost water rather quickly.

Still no Giant. Today Grotto started shortly before 07:02 (Grotto Fountain
was i.e. at 07:01). A Giant Hot Period occurred at 08:25 and was pathetic,
duration less than 2 minutes. The Grotto turned out to be a marathon. No hot period
at the 3 hour mark, but finally a fairly good one at 13:09 -- I seem to have
not written down the duration, but it seems to me it was about 8 minutes.

Daisy had a closed interval of 4h 18m.

Grand's overnight electronic time to an i.e. time was 6h 47m. That made at
least 3 and maybe 4 intervals less than 7 hours.

Beehive on 9/14-16 had intervals of 15h 33m, 14h 10m (i.e.), and 14h 17m. The
Indicator on the last was just 11 minutes.

Bronze Spring was active today. Interval were longer than earlier this season
-- around 17 to 20 minutes -- but some bursts were bigger, too, up to maybe 6
feet.