[Geysers] FW: [ML] PAM -

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 19:19:26 PDT 2004

In a message dated 9/14/2004 7:09:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
yiams at avalon.net writes:
River in northern Yellowstone Park one notices signs warning of the possible
presence of Naegleria fowlerii and the consequent possibility of contracting
primary amebic meningoencephalitis from contact with the wate

Some years ago there was talk of this occurring at Huckleberry Hot Springs,
which is just outside the south entrance area. Somewhere at home (meaning
California) I think I have the article about this, but it would be a job to locate
it. And, of course, I'm in Montana at the moment. But yes, it was published.

I also recall in my memory bank hearing of a case of Naegleria someplace in
California -- I _think_ the Hot Creek area near Mammoth Lakes, but maybe
elsewhere. But since this all apparently refers to the amoeba type thing and not (?)
a bacteria, maybe none of this is of help.