[Geysers] Geyser report September 14

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 19:12:57 PDT 2004

Well, sort of a summary report, anyhow. This morning was rather miserable,
and those of us in West could not go into the Park until they opened the roads
sometime around/after 09:00. Snow. Not a lot, but cold for sure. So I didn't
get to Old Faithful until nearly 11, and I left there at 13:30 top spend some
(unfruitful !) time in the Lower Basin. So really this is only a short update.

As of today's Grand at 12:55, the last four intervals were of 9h 36m, 6h 29m,
7h 18m and 6h 58.

Beehive's last three closed intervals 9ending with 09:55 on 9/13) were 13h
52m, 12h 41m and 14h 23m.

I was told that Aurum had erupted in early daylight today. Then at roughly
11:30 I went up there to find it still having a bit of runoff. So maybe the wet
has shortened the intervals. Maybe.

 I saw Scuba/Spew/Spume splash from an empty crater, producing no runoff, at
11:56.

As of about 13:30 today, Fan and Mortar had not erupted since last Thursday,
taking the interval up to just under 5 days 22 hours.

And Giant has not erupted, either. Most of the better (so-called) hot periods
in the last 3 or 4 days have had durations of around 7 or 8 minutes, I'm
told, some surging in Mastiff but nothing to jump and shout about.

That's all. Sorry there isn't more this time.