[Geysers] New geyser stats published

Ralph Taylor ralpht at iglou.com
Sun Sep 12 16:06:16 PDT 2004

>From Ralph Taylor on Sunday 12 September 2004

I have posted the latest geyser statistics on the GOSA website at

http://www.geyserstudy.org/electronic_summary_2004.htm

Riverside is back to bimodality, Grand is still averaging around seven
hours, but with more variation (a 90 minute window is needed for prediction
now).  Plume has gone back to sleep as of 0:44 on 8 September.  There was a
Plume noted in the logbook after that, but it left absolutely no trace on
the logger record.

Someone suggested to me that I add statistics for Riverside's long and short
modes; I have done so.  For the past week Riverside has been bimodal with 13
long and 13 short intervals.

Our Aurum logger quit (low battery) and I am not sure it is working now.  I
plan to replace it this week.

I did not receive the Great Fountain data this week but will be updating the
stats for Great Fountain next weekend.

Green Spring had five eruptions between 1 and 9 September (2045 on 1
September, 2250 on 3 September, and 0315, 1220, and 1930 on 6 September.

The next download will be Sunday 19 September, and I hope to have the stats
posted on Monday 20 September.

If you are visiting Old Faithful, remember that the graphs showing the
geyser activity for the year are in a binder at the OFVC desk and can be
perused at the information desk.  Just ask the Rangers on duty (but please
remember how busy they get just after Old Faithful erupts).

Ralph Taylor