[Geysers] Geyser report September 8

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 20:54:06 PDT 2004

Scott wrote, re Splendid:

> I also think the water was
> a bit murky. All of which means that something seems to be going on in
> that system... and it isn't necessarily good.

I don't know if this matters.  Probably not.  But the only other time I saw
Splendid's water murky was in early September, 1978.  Marie Wolf and I
watched the Daisy group get murky (with a slight reddish tinge) from east to
west from Sept 1 until I left around Sept 6.  It was quite odd.  On
September 9, Giant erupted, the first known eruption in over a decade.
Marie saw its water column from between Lower Hams and the Inn, where she
was working at the time.  She didn't know what it was.  When she got back to
the inn she called the VC to report that something weird was erupting
downbasin, like a really big Oblong.  The VC notified her a while later that
it was Giant.  She told me the water had a slight reddish tinge.

Again, not that it matters.

Paul Strasser