[Geysers] Geyser report September 8

marc magner easterly1 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 23:32:40 PDT 2004

--- TSBryan at aol.com wrote:

> Daisy closed interval of 4h 14m. At the time of the
> first of those eruptions
> (at 10:04), I watched as Splendid dropped far and
> fast AND developed a foamy
> surface! No, it definitely was not a soap foam
> (well, I don't think so -- just
> didn't look "right" -- but I did not go out there).
> I also think the water was
> a bit murky. All of which means that something seems
> to be going on in that
> system... and it isn't necessarily good.

Scott

We where on the Splendid side waiting for Daisy, until
we had to leave at 9:45. We saw no evidence of soaping
prior to the eruption. Splendid did seem a more
vigorous then when I saw it 2 years ago, and had a
higher water level?

--- TSBryan at aol.com wrote:

> Grotto, starting at 08:13, turned out to be a
> marathon. At 08:26 was a very
> good Giant Hot Period, duration 9m 06s with Mastiff
> surging to maybe 4 feet.
> Heavy overflow, lots of vent action but actually
> very little in Giant itself. At
> 11:03 was a full Mastiff Bathtub accompanied by the
> Southwest Vents but with
> only slight overflow from Feather. And then at
> 14:57, with Bijou essentially
> dead due to the marathon, a hot period with duration
> between 4 and 5 minutes
> (i.e. when first seen, no Feather but more from
> Giant than with the morning's
> "better" hot period).

Sort of sorry to hear it didnt go after we left, I
kind of expected it would. Next marathon will be my
guess. We considered trying to stay and extra day or
two. Best I've seen Giant look since August of 97.

Marc Magnera