[geysers]Perseids

Dave TAYLOR dtaylor at weber.edu
Tue Aug 24 08:31:41 PDT 2004

I was at Canyon the night of the 12th, and in the backcountry (near
Joseph's Coat Springs, approx. 9 miles east of Canyon) on the 13th.
Although both nights were very dark, (the 13th of course darker than the
12th), I was a little disappointed in the activity I saw.  Both nights I
watched from twilight until 11:30.  Each time, I would wait as long as 5
minutes for a meteor, and I never saw any that 'wowed' me.  I wasn't
watching during the 'prime' times, however, and the treelines in both
areas restricted my view of the sky within 20 degrees off ground level.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

-- Groucho Marx

>>> caros at aros.net 08/22/2004 12:20:35 AM >>>
Just wondering if anyone in the park (or out) caught the Perseid
meteor
shower on the 12th.  My little black cloud followed me all the way out
to New Jersey, where we had a heavy, inescapable overcast, and I'd
read
they were supposed to be quite nice this year.
Karen Webb

--
"Say, O Maid of Heaven!  Step out of thy vaulted chamber... Put on, in
the Name of thy Lord, the broidered robe of light"