[Geysers] Fountain Geyser

lynn stephens lstephens.eagle at mail.sisna.com
Tue Aug 24 05:10:35 PDT 2004

From:  Lynn Stephens             Date:  August 24

For those of you who like Fountain, it is no longer in wild phase.
It was not in wild phase at 15:25 on Sunday, August 22.  I did not stay around long enough to see an eruption.  On Monday, August 23, I was there from 09:00 to 09:30.  Spasm, Twig, and Clepsydra were ie; Jet erupted at 09:03 and 09:17; Fountain was quiet and the pool level had barely crept out the neck and Morning's pool level was down several inches.  Fountain erupted at 12:17ns, duration greater than or equal to 25 minutes.  I wasn't there for the start, but went over for awhile to observe the eruption, which appeared to be "normal" sized with many bursts reaching 40 to 50 feet.

Lynn Stephens