[Geysers] How Many Eruptions in Mugwump Series

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Wed Sep 7 13:45:21 PDT 2016

We saw mainly doubles, but the quality really varied day to day. Most
often, we saw sort of a wimpy first burst (which nevertheless could have
great "firecracker" steam explosion sound effects) followed by an
excellent second burst OR two excellent bursts, ie, the play during any
given hour or so of observation stayed fairly consistent.

I did notice the difference in pre-play disturbance of the pool shortly
before both Mugwump and Three-Crater (also the UNNG toward the front of
the pool) and how very different they were. I guess I was figuring
"great big pool, multiple vents, wave motion is wave motion" but was
surprised at the way you could tell which vent was imminent just by what
the surface of the pool looked like.

Karen Webb

On 9/4/2016 1:58 PM, Janet White wrote:

> I saw quite a few singles one day while waiting there with only one
> double. Never saw any triples.
>
> Janet Jones-White
>

> On 9/4/2016 12:22 AM, JEFFREY CROSS wrote:
>> I am fascinated by one thing regarding Mugwump.
>>
>> Each time I saw it erupt, a second eruption followed within a minute.
>>
>> Has anyone seen a single eruption?
>>
>> What about a triple eruption?
>>
>> Or, are they all doubles?
>>
>> Jeff Cross