[Geysers] Important Document--Comment Period Closes in 2 Days

Lucille Reilly thedulcimerlady at juno.com
Fri Nov 18 11:03:30 PST 2016

Lines 231-238, from https://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkID=442 <https://parkplanning.nps.gov/document.cfm?parkID=442&projectID=65454&documentID=75328> &projectID=65454&documentID=75328 (scroll down to click on the doc):

·         The Precautionary Principle requires that, when an activity raises plausible or probable threats of harm to park resources and/or human health, management should take anticipatory action even when there is uncertainty.  When such uncertainty exists, NPS managers will take actions that err on the side of caution to protect natural and cultural resources in accordance with section 7 of this Order.  Any decision made using the precautionary principle should take into account:  (1) the threat of harm to park resources or public health; (2) the level of scientific uncertainty; and (3) the preventive, precautionary action.