[Geysers] Hole on Beehive's Cone

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue May 31 08:12:55 PDT 2016

New to me!

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 5/30/2016 9:12:27 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
fanandmortar at hotmail.com writes:

I'm sending this out to the listserv to see if anyone out there  remembers
seeing the little hole on the north side of Beehive's cone erupting  *with*
Beehive. The hole looks like a little slot and is about halfway up the  side
of the cone (*not* one of the bubblers around the cone). I have seen it
steaming prior to Beehive a few times this year, and several other gazers
reported seeing steam also. I saw it erupting about 2 minutes into the Beehive
eruption on May 25 at 2126, and again on May 29 at 1111. The eruption
consists  of little spurts that are angled down, but the water is clearly visible
for a  duration of about a minute.

I asked around and so far haven't found anyone who remembers seeing it
actually erupt before. Anyone?

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com

=