[Geysers] Hole on Beehive's Cone

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 12:17:39 PDT 2016

I'm sending this out to the listserv to see if anyone out there remembers seeing the little hole on the north side of Beehive's cone erupting *with* Beehive. The hole looks like a little slot and is about halfway up the side of the cone (*not* one of the bubblers around the cone). I have seen it steaming prior to Beehive a few times this year, and several other gazers reported seeing steam also. I saw it erupting about 2 minutes into the Beehive eruption on May 25 at 2126, and again on May 29 at 1111. The eruption consists of little spurts that are angled down, but the water is clearly visible for a duration of about a minute.
I asked around and so far haven't found anyone who remembers seeing it actually erupt before. Anyone?
--Tara Crossfanandmortar at hotmail.com