[Geysers] Geyser Report 5/86 (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 18:31:10 PDT 2016

This message is for the personal use of the readers of this listserv and may not be reproduced for any purpose, including publication in the Sput.

After watching Fountain this morning (0828, triple interval averaging just about 5h20m), Firehole Lake Drive was open so I spent the remainder of the day on Firehole Lake Drive.

Both times I drove past Lemon Spring it was full.

Great Fountain was already in overflow when Rocco arrived at Great Fountain.  Great Fountain erupted at 0931 with a p = 0, duration was 74 minutes with a very weak, short sixth burst.

It appears that Gemini is dormant.  There is a tiny bit of orange coloration in the north vent.  Otherwise the platform is a dull white, no evidence of recent water deposits.  Pebble's water level  is about 4" below the orange rim inside the crater.  The water is quite clear and almost colorless.  Bursting up to about 10-12" in height is occurring from two different vents.

Rejuvenated is active.  I didn't get an interval, but did record one duration of 4 minutes.

White Dome--only two intervals, one of 40 minutes, one of 28 minutes.

When Rocco first checked Pink Cone this morning the road bubblers were already active.  Pink Cone didn't start splashing until after it had been under observation for about 5 hours.  It erupted 18 minutes after the first splash.  Duration was 103 minutes.

Dilemma showed no evidence of activity, not even the barest wisp of steam.

Pink--one interval of 5h28m.  Both durations were 7 minutes.

Narcissus--using one ie steam cloud from Great Fountain and two ns observations from the road intervals were 2h32m and 5h19m.

Labial erupted.  I left after 6 hours without getting a closed interval.

No eruptive active from Labial's Satellite Vents was seen during the 9 hours the complex was under observation today.

Eight intervals of Box Spring yielded a mean interval of 44 minutes.  Ten intervals of Bead yielded a mean interval of 34 minutes.

Wild strawberries are in bloom.

Lynn Stephens